All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThree years after the publication of the groundbreaking Asian American comics anthology Secret Identities, the same team is back with a new volume that is bigger, bolder and more breathtaking in scope. While the first collection focused on the conventions of superhero comics, Shattered: The Asian American Comics Anthology expands its horizon to include edgier genres, from hard-boiled pulp to horror, adventure, fantasy and science fiction. Making use of this darker subject matter, Shattered seeks to destroy antiquated stereotypes of Asian culture.
- Author BiographyJeff Yang, the founder of the pioneering Asian American periodical aMagazine, writes the Tao Jones column for the Wall Street Journal and is a regular contributor on NPR. He lives in Brooklyn, New York. Parry Shen, best known for his lead role in the movie Better Luck Tomorrow, lives in Southern California. Keith Chow, an educator and comics journalist, lives in Maryland. Jerry Ma, the founder of the indie comics studio Epic Proportions, lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Yang
- PublisherThe New Press
- Date of Publication08/11/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe New Press
- Content Note1
- Weight617 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byKeith Chow,Parry Shen
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.