All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten and illustrated by Sophie Kittredge, Shayan's Tale is a moving story about the bond that develops between a child and the abandoned dog she rescues. Set in ancient Persia, the story is accompanied by evocative illustrations inspired by the poetry and intricate detail of Persian miniature paintings. Shayan's Tale is one of a series of stories about children and their pets set in different countries and reflecting varying cultures around the globe.
- Author BiographySophie was inspired to write and illustrate Shayan's Tale by her beloved dog Joe, an abused dog she rescued from a New York-area shelter after the 9/11 terror attacks. Sophie also drew on her own globe-trotting childhood traveling the world with her family and dogs as a US Foreign Service dependent. After growing up in half a dozen countries in Europe, Asia and the Middle East, Sophie graduated from art school in northwest London with a degree in illustration. After working as a children's book illustrator in England, she moved to New York city, where she split her time between illustration and painting for animation studios. Sophie now lives in the South Carolina Lowcountry with her husband, two dogs and a cat.
- Author(s)Sophie Kittredge
- PublisherSophie Kittredge
- Date of Publication10/12/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSophie Kittredge
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.