All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionFrom an author praised by literary giants such as John Irving and the New York Times alike, a stunning story collection over two decades in the making.From an author Praised by literary giants and critics alike, a stunning compendium of selected stories over three decades in the making. Ron Hansen has long been celebrated as a master of both the vel and the short form. His stories have been called beautifully crafted (The New York Times), unforgettable (San Francisco Chronicle), and diverse and expansive (The Washington Post). His 1989 collection, Nebraska, was widely praised, and he has published stories in literary magazines nationwide The Atlantic, Esquire, Harper s, Tin House, The Paris Review, and many others. In this new volume, comprising twelve new stories and seven pieces selected from Nebraska, the subjects of Hansen s scrutiny range from Oscar Wilde to murder to dementia to romance, and display Hansen at his storytelling best: the craftsman described as part Hemingway and part Garcia Marquez . . . an all-American magic realist in other words, a fabulist in the native grain. Readers will thrill to Hansen s masterful attention to the smallest and most telling details, even as he plunges straight into the deepest recesses of desire, love, fury, and loss. Magisterial in its scope and surprising in its variety, She Loves Me Not shows an author at the height of his powers and confirms Hansen s place as a major American writer.
- Author BiographyRon Hansen is the author of eight novels and three short story collections. He graduated from Creighton University in Omaha, and went on to the University of Iowa Writer s Workshop where he studied with John Irving. He is now Gerard Manley Hopkins, S.J., Professor in Arts and Humanities at Santa Clara University in northern California.
- Author(s)Ron Hansen
- PublisherScribner Book Company
- Date of Publication13/11/2012
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScribner Book Company
- Weight408 g
- Width157 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.