All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive book covers all aspects of sheep health and disease, and sheep husbandry throughout the annual breeding cycle. Through extensive and detailed photographs it highlights the disease and welfare issues that can arise within the great variety of breeds and flock types. Written by two veterinary surgeons closely involved in sheep health, this book takes a veterinary view of husbandry and emphasizes the importance of keeping diseases out of a flock. From practical tasks such as how to check teeth, feet and udders, through to vaccination schedules, injection techniques and parasite control, it covers the whole life cycle of your flock.
- Author BiographyAgnes C Winter, B.VSc, PhD, DSHP, MRCVS is a specialist sheep vet who grew up on a family farm in the Yorkshire Dales and has kept sheep for most of her life. She is the past President of the Sheep Veterinary Society, President of the Wensleydale Longwool Sheep Breeder's Association and Vice President of the European College of Small Ruminant Health Management. She is now Honorary Professor of the Veterinary School at The University of Liverpool where she worked for 25 years before retiring in 2008.
- Author(s)Agnes C. Winter
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication12/04/2011
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note609 colour photographs
- Weight765 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.