All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionAs one of the oldest league clubs in the Football League, Sheffield Wednesday can boast a rich and fascinating history, from their formation back in 1867 to present day. The Owls have w played over 4,600 games in league soccer and hundreds more in cup competitions. Kwn the world over, thanks in part to their unique name, the club continues to attract a loyal and sizeable following to their Hillsborough ground, with hopes of regaining their long-since-lost Premier League place still alive. The City of Sheffield is the birthplace of association football, and The Wednesday helped progress the game in the North of England in those early days, becoming the top club in Sheffield and a respected opponent countrywide. After being elected into the Football League in 1892 they have lifted the league title on four occasions, the FA Cup three times, the League Cup once and have represented England in European football on three separate occasions. A plethora of international players have also appeared for the club - the likes of John SherIdan, Ron Springett & Des Walker - while the club remains a vital member of its local community. In Sheffield Wednesday: A Pictorial History, Jason Dickinson, the club's official club historian, takes readers on an illustrated tour of The Wednesday's history.
- Author BiographyJason Dickinson is a club historian for Sheffield Wednesday. He has written four titles and co-authored two: 100 Years at Hillsborough (Hallamshire: 1999), Sheffield Wednesday on this Day (Pitch: 2009), The Random Book of Christopher (Stripe: 2009), Sheffield Wednesday Miscellany (Pitch: 2010), The Wednesday Boys Who's Who (Pickard: 2005), The Sheffield Wednesday Complete Record (DB: 2011). He has been a part of the matchday programme team since 1994. He lives in Sheffield.
- Author(s)Jason Dickinson
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication12/06/2014
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note80
- Weight340 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Foreword byLee Bullen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.