All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConcentrating on the major poems, Earl R. Wasserman provides a comprehensive critical reading that is organized in terms of conceptual structure of Shelley's work. This achrological structure originates in the poet's contradictory impulses toward wordly perfection and an ideal postmortal existence. Through analyses of discrete poems-- the proper object of criticism-- the author maps Shelley's conceptual universe and traces his efforts to resolve the fundamental contradictions of his philosophy.
- Author BiographyBetty T. Bennett is dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at the American University. She is editor of the widely acclaimed Letters of Mary Wollstonecroft Shelley and author of Mary Diana Dods: A Gentlemen and a Scholar, both available from Johns Hopkins. Stuart Curran is professor of English at the University of Pennsylvania. Among his books are Poetic Form and British Romanticism, Shelley's Annus Mirabilis, and Shelley's Cenci: Scorpions Ringed with Fire.
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1971
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight762 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byBetty T. Bennett,Earl R. Wasserman,Stuart Curran
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 17
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $99.95
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.