Sheltered Content Instruction: Teaching English Learners with Diverse Abilities by Jana Echevarria, Anne Graves (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $58.34Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $94.43+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNote: This is the bound book only and does t include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0133831612. A popular text by rewned authors Jana Echevarria and Anne Graves, Sheltered Content Instruction: Teaching English Learners with Diverse Abilities, 5/e presents a complete guide to preparing teachers to use the sheltered instruction approach to deliver content area instruction to English learners. It includes recent research, best practices, and policies that impact the education of English leaners, and gives teachers the means to think about their own educational practices and the issues they should consider when teaching English learners, especially those struggling academically. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video and internet resources. Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText* The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is: * Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience. * Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad(R) and Android(R) tablet.* * Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book. *The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are t available in third-party eTexts or downloads. *The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7 or 10 tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
- Author BiographyJana Echevarria, Ph.D., is Professor Emerita of Special Education at California State University, Long Beach where she received the honor of being selected as Outstanding Professor. She has taught in elementary, middle, and high schools in special education, English as a Second Language, and bilingual programs. She has lived in Taiwan, Spain, and Mexico and is an internationally known expert on second language learners. Her research and publications focus on effective instruction for English learners, including those with learning disabilities. She has presented her research across the U.S. and internationally including Oxford University (England), Wits University (South Africa), Harvard University (U.S.), South East Europe University (Macedonia), and University of Barcelona (Spain). Publications include the popular SIOP book series and over 50 books, book chapters and journal articles. Anne W. Graves, Ph.D., is a Professor at San Diego State University (SDSU) teaching and conducting research on instruction in reading and writing for learners with disabilities from diverse backgrounds since 1990. Beginning in 1975, Graves taught in special education settings in the public schools for 6 years. After receiving her Ph.D. at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1984, she was a Professor at University of South Carolina---Coastal Campus and Sacramento State University before coming to SDSU. Her research on efficient and effective instructional approaches and interventions has resulted in numerous publications and presentations at local, state, and international conferences. Graves is part of a research team at San Diego State that conducts studies of intensive small group instruction for struggling readers in culturally and linguistically diverse settings. Currently, she is principal investigator on a grant that supports cultural and linguistic emphasis in teacher preparation for candidates seeking credentials in both special education and bilingual elementary or secondary known as ADELANTE funded by Office of English Language Acquisition in the U. S. Department of Education.
- Author(s)Anne Graves,Jana Echevarria
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.