All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn March of 1863, the days were ticking down on Brenton Christie's medical leave. If he had been lucky, he would have been lounging by the cracker barrel back in Delaware, Ohio impressing his neighbors with stories of the real war. But the foot soldier had t smelled Lady Luck's perfume in a long time, and she was t courting him w. Instead, General Ulysses Grant had shanghaied him as scout aboard the ironclad Cincinnati, and he was steaming up Deer Creek with Admiral David Porter's swamp navy to take Vicksburg by the back door. It should have been easy duty, but instead he encountered primeval forests, cannibalistic wildlife, and tenacious Confederates. The Army of the Tennessee did t take winters off, and Grant had already lit the fuse to his Vicksburg juggernaut. Ensuing events catch Christie in the crossfire riding with Benjamin Grierson and he discovers a second war behind the front lines-one fought by warriors without rifles who are just as idealistic and ruthless, comrades in enemy colors, and enemies among his own. This is the second Civil War vel by Jeane Heimberger Candido, who has contributed to Blue & Gray Magazine, Civil War Historian, has appeared on PBS, and enjoys living in two world.
- Author(s)Jeane Heimberger Candido
- Date of Publication24/07/2012
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $94.28
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $77.19
- AU $21.90Trending at AU $24.84
- AU $14.54Trending at AU $15.56
- AU $10.42Trending at AU $18.63
- AU $14.25Trending at AU $17.10
- AU $21.10Trending at AU $24.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.