All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe old-time shepherd - lamb in one hand, crook in the other - is an emblem of sturdiness, dependability and independence. He was one of the most important men on the farm, responsible for the care and well-being of the flock, with which he might need to spend days and nights out in open pastures. How did he manage his charges and his own life? What skills and equipment did he use? How did sheep farming change in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, and what effect did those changes have on the shepherd's work? These are some of the questions considered by this fully illustrated exploration of shepherding life.
- Author BiographyJonathan Brown is an Honorary Fellow of the Museum of Rural Life in Reading. He is the author of several books, including Steam on the Farm.
- Author(s)Jonathan Brown
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication11/02/2013
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Series TitleShire Library
- Series Part/Volume Number732
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Note35 b/w; 35 col
- Weight149 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.