All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a systematic attempt to establish Sheridan as a major figure in the history of English comedy. Leading scholars address Sheridan's role t only as an outstanding playwright, but also as the manager of Drury Lane Theatre, and his subsequent career as a Member of Parliament. The essays examine the theatrical world in which Sheridan worked, discuss his major plays, and include a modern director's observations on the production of his work today. This is combined with an important re-evaluation of Sheridan's achievements as a master of rhetoric in the political arena, to provide a much needed contemporary assessment of this multifaceted man and his work.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/12/1995
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note15 b/w illus.
- Weight490 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byDavid Crane,James Morwood
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.