All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSherlock Holmes at the Breakfast Table is a sparkling new collection of the further adventures of Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson. It is unique in combining the style and intrigue of Holmes and Watson stories with the developing techlogy of turn-of-the-century Victorian England. Written in the original Strand Magazine style and told by Holmes' companion, Dr John Watson, these previously untold tales unfold with wit and humour and most are recounted or begin at the breakfast table. Although told in the classic Holmes style, these adventures see the pair involved in telegraphy, flying-machines, a horseless carriage, chemistry, naval weapons and advanced steam engines. Holmes applies his highly developed powers of deduction to whole new fields of understanding, and the stories deftly mingle fiction with facts and events of the day.
- Author BiographyLeslie Coombs is a true polymath whose interests include the writings and work of Conan Doyle, and he is a self-confessed Holmesaphile. His interests also cover Victorian Britain, as well as naval, military, air force and transport technologies. In addition to books and articles for magazines, he has written extensively on aerial locomotion and he is an editor and publisher's reader.
- Author(s)L.F.E. Coombs
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobert Hale Ltd
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.