Sherlock's Diseases of the Liver and Biliary System by John Wiley and Sons Ltd (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $253.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $169.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAwarded first prize in the Internal Medicine category of the British Medical Association Book of the Year Awards, 2012 Following a Tradition of Excellence from reviews of previous editions: the best source of synthesized clinical wisdom Gastroenterology a tour de force in terms of kwledge and effort The New England Journal of Medicine the foremost liver book in the world The Journal of the American Medical Association beautifully produced Hepatology Over the past 56 years, thousands of physicians have depended on Diseases of the Liver and Biliary System. Its didactic and reliable clinical guidance was - and still is - beyond comparison. This brand-new edition, w named Sherlock's Diseases of the Liver and Biliary System, after the late Professor Dame Sheila Sherlock, continues to provide concise clinical guidance for all those treating patients with hepato-biliary disease. Enabling clinicians to formulate incisive diagses and appropriate treatment strategies, this book has been updated to reflect the advances that have been made in the last 10 years, providing didactic and reliable clinical guidance in hepatology from the world s leading experts. A consistent chapter structure allows readers to access the information immediately, with summary boxes and key learning points throughout, and special emphasis on the latest in evidence-based clinical guidance. And for the first time, this edition w offers a free companion website providing the 680 full-color illustrations and figures in the book, for use in scientific presentations.
- Author BiographyJames Dooley, Editor-in-Chief, worked with Professor Dame Sheila Sherlock on this book for three editions before her death in December 2001. He is a Consultant Hepatologist at the Royal Free Hospital, London. Andrew Burroughs is a Consultant Physician and Hepatologist at the Royal Free Hospital, Liver Transplantation and Hepato-biliary Medicine Unit. He qualified in Liverpool with a MB ChB Honours in 1976, gained his MRCP in 1978 and FRCP in 1991. He is a Fellow of the European Board of Gastroenterology. He has been Scientific Secretary of the European Association for the Study of the Liver 1997-1999. He continues his association with EASL as administrative secretary until 2001. He is a council member of the United European Gastroenterology Federation until 2002, and a council member of the International Association for the Study of the Liver. He is a member of the MRC advisory board in the UK, from 1997 onwards. He was a member of Council of the British Society of Gastroenterology from 1992 to 1995. Andrew Burroughs main research interests are portal hypertension, variceal bleeding and coagulopathy, primary biliary cirrhosis, prognosis in liver disease and liver transplantation. He has published over 200 peer-reviewed articles. Anna Lok is a Professor of Internal Medicine and the Director of Clinical Hepatology at the University of Michigan Medical Center. Her research focuses on the epidemiology and treatment of hepatitis B and C viruses. Millions of people worldwide are infected and are at risk for hepatitis-associated cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma. Dr. Lok has made seminal contributions to our understanding of the natural history of hepatitis B and the role of hepatitis B virus genotypes and variants in the outcome of chronic hepatitis B infection. She has also made contributions to the treatment of hepatitis-induced diseases. She is currently testing new antiviral therapies for hepatitis B, developing cost-effective methods for preventing recurrent hepatitis B infection following liver transplantation, and studying the long-term effects of interferon treatment in patients with hepatitis C. During her distinguished career, she has received numerous awards for research and teaching. Jenny Heathcote, Toronto Western Hospital, Canada.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight2402 g
- Width226 mm
- Height281 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byAndrew Burroughs,Anna S. F. Lok,James S. Dooley,Jenny E. Heathcote
- Edition Statement12th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.