All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI love wine, and if anything I like more than drinking wine is sharing my kwledge and expertise about it, and this is the third wine related book that I write (see the back to kw more about my other books). Although I grew up in Spain, I only discovered sherry in my 30s, and is such a hidden gem, so under valued, and so nice, that it should be shared! The first thing I want to tell you is that the concept most people have about sherry is totally wrong: sherry is t a sweet wine (at least most of them are t), and is t a drink for grandmothers! I will explain why and I will also explain to you why such misconception. You should buy and read this book if you want to kw more about sherry, the different types, and how to choose the ones you like more, or which are more likely to go better with you; how to pair the different types of sherry with food, and kw a few more things about it. I like good but simple things in life, so expect my book to be simple (and hopefully good), but do t expect to find a lot of technical information: in my experience most people want to get useful kwledge without becoming experts, and nearly everyone loves a book that it is enjoyable and easy to read, so these are my aims. Having said that, for those of you who want to kw more, there are several detailed chapters giving the ins and outs of Sherry production. I hope you enjoy it, and that soon you start sharing some of the amazing sherries with your friends. I am writing something about the history of sherry, for those who want to kw more, but I am doing so at the end of the book, so that if you are t interested you do t need to read the last chapter.
- Author BiographyAlfredo de la Casa was born in Paddington, London (England) in a sunny May day in 1970 where, some years later, he graduated as a Chartered Management Accountant (CIMA) and as International Risk Practitioner (CIRM). He also has a degree in Economics, Business and Marketing from a Spanish University, homeland of his parents, where he lived for some time. He is currently living in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) where he combines lecturing at several International Universities, with writing for several of the main publications in Vietnam, including The Guide (largest lifestyle magazine in Vietnam) and Vietnam Economic Times (covering hospitality, culture, business and economics), as well as Saigoneer (where he is the Food & Beverage editor). He is also an active wine writer, and has created the first wine blog in Vietnam (http: //wineinvietnam.blogspot.com/ ). He also worked sourcing top quality wines (at low prices) for wine importers and launched his consultancy helping start ups as well as established hospitality businesses to make money. During his time in England and Spain he organised and run wine tasting on a regular basis. His true passion for food and wine, as well as a lot of pushing from his friends led him to write his first book D.O./D.O.C. wine producing areas in Spain in 2009, covering the different wine producing areas in Spain, regions, main grapes and vintages. The book was republished in 2012 as Wines from Spain: D.O./D.O.C. wine producing areas in Spain. His second book, Restaurants: how to eat well in London at low prices published in 2010, and compiling information and reviews for 100 restaurants in London offering great food at low prices, proved a real tool for those looking for great meals at low prices. Introduction to wine and wine tasting covers the basics of wine and wine tasting aiming to pass knowledge in plain English to those who want to learn more about wine and about enjoying wine. Alfredo is currently working on his next books which will be wine related, research includes a trip to Europe to visit several of the top wineries to complement his writing.
- Author(s)Alfredo De La Casa
- Date of Publication22/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.