All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe increasing connection among higher education institutions worldwide is well documented. What is less understood is how this connectivity is enacted and manifested on specific levels of the global education network. This book details the planning process of a multi-institutional program in engineering between institutions in the US and Singapore as they develop a new model of collaboration. Contrary to what neoliberal or center-to-periphery narratives of globalization might lead us to expect, strong national and local governments, culture, and social relationships all play determining roles in the negotiations and resulting form of collaboration between these higher education institutions. Shifting Tides in Global Higher Education illuminates the value of examining particular places, incorporating diverse local experience into the narrative of global networks.
- Author BiographyMary Allison Witt is Assistant Director of Academic Affairs at the Illinois Board of Higher Education. Her research focuses upon globalization and political economy of higher education, and issues of equitable access to higher education. She received a PhD in educational policy studies from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Author(s)Mary Allison Witt
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/03/2011
- Series TitleGlobal Studies in Education
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note2, 2 tables
- Weight240 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Foreword byStanley O. Ikenberry
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.