CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of studies explores recent research in the area of gender and language use experienced around the world. Featuring an interdisciplinary and global approach, the contributors demonstrate how focus on gender and language creates the lived experience. The studies in this book use gender and language to analyze a broad range of topics including religion, politics, education and sexuality. Contributions include the use of language of a new female bishop in Canada, hetrormativity in language use in Croatia, women's magazines in Japan, and the electoral code in Cameroon. Using critical/feminist discourse analysis, the chapters represent scholarship from Britain, Europe, North America, Asia and Africa. Readers in applied linguistics, sociology, women's studies and education who are interested in language and its power in creating the lived experience will find this book full of intriguing and illuminating connections.
- Author BiographyAllyson Jule is Professor of Education, as well as the Co-Director of the Gender Studies Institute at Trinity Western University in Langley, Canada. She is the author of several other books on gender and language, including The Beginner's Guide to Language and Gender, as well as numerous articles on the topic. She is also part of the growing International Gender and Language Association (IGALA), which explores various sites around the world concerning the intersection of gender and language research.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication23/01/2015
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight1025 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Edited byAllyson Jule
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.