All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Shine: A Girl's Guide to Thriving (Not Just Surviving) in Real Life, Mary Doherty and Siobhan Hackett have mined their experience as teachers and counsellors and, with feedback from their students past and present, have written a book to let every teenage girl kw that they don't need to be the best at everything - they just need to be the best at being themselves. From coping with exam stress to examining negative thoughts, along with insights on body confidence and self-esteem, tips on how to deal with bullies (online and in real life), break-ups, sex, anxiety and including helpful advice for parents, Shine shows girls how they can shine from the inside out and navigate the teenage years by being confident, strong and independent. 'This book is for all the future movers and shakers, the dreamers, the poets, the athletes, the musicians, the healers, the brain surgeons, the mothers and the CEOs. Don't let the anxieties, worries, or doubts get you down. Allow yourself to do what you can do best: let yourself shine!'
- Author BiographySiobhan Hackett (Author) Siobhan Hackett, a graduate of Crawford College of Art in Cork with a Diploma in Educational Psychology, has many years' experience in dealing with teenagers. Her understanding of adolescents and the issues that trouble them has made her a source of comfort, wisdom and trust for young people. Added to this is her passionate interest in the many and differing ways that students learn, which can often prevent them enjoying the experience of school life if left unaddressed. Siobhan is the Learning Support Coordinator at the Ursuline Secondary School, Thurles, teaching Learning Support, Resource and Art. She lives in Tipperary with her husband and two children. Mary Doherty (Author) Mary Doherty has taught English for fifteen years in the Ursuline Secondary School, Thurles, County Tipperary. Originally from Bray, County Wicklow, she studied English and History at UCD, graduating with a masters in Anglo-Irish Literature in 1992. She has also taught in Loreto, Bray, Castleknock College and Kilkenny College. She has been a class tutor for fifteen years, a role which she absolutely loves, and as a result has experienced many teenage issues firsthand and gotten to know the girls on a very personal level. Mary is also a transition year coordinator and Learning Support teacher. She lives in Kilkenny with her husband and two children.
- Author(s)Mary Doherty,Siobhan Hackett
- PublisherHachette Books Ireland
- Date of Publication07/07/2016
- SubjectYoung Adult General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationCastleknock
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintHachette Books Ireland
- Weight196 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.