All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning with forty-three-year-old Michael Gann's fatal heart attack, SHINING SEA draws us into the turbulent lives of his widow and offspring. In the wake of their loss, the Gann clan find themselves charting paths they never anticipated, for decades to come. Korkeakivi transports the reader through the years: from WWII to the present, from California to Woodstock's heyday, and from London's gritty nightlife in the eighties to the rough seas of the Inner Hebrides. Epic, tender, and beautifully rendered, SHINING SEA is an American family story-about the ripple effects of war, the passing down of memory, and the ways our heroes can both lead us astray--and keep us afloat.
- Author BiographyAnne Korkeakivi is the author of the novel An Unexpected Guest. Born and raised in New York City, she has lived in France and Finland, and currently resides in Geneva, Switzerland, with her husband, a human-rights lawyer with the United Nations, and their two daughters. Her short fiction and nonfiction have appeared in numerous publications in the United States and Britain.
- Author(s)Anne Korkeakivi
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication27/10/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Weight452 g
- Width161 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.