CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis book reveals 5,000 years of maritime adventure in a new compact format. From the earliest dugout caes and the boats of the Ancient Egyptians to the most techlogically advanced battleships and cruise-liners, this is the ultimate guide to every aspect of the ship, and those who have sailed them. Find out all about the endeavours of the great explorers as they mapped the globe and discovered new worlds, you'll learn the impact ships have had on trade and industry and find out all the key historical conflicts in which ships played a vital role. Plus, take a look at seafaring for pleasure and trace fishing through the ages. Every conceivable type of sea-going vessel is featured, from caravels and galleons, warships and yachts to clippers and cruise-liners. Produced in association with the National Maritime Museum.
- Author BiographyBrian Lavery is Curator Emeritus at the National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, London. He is the author of more than thirty books on ships and seafaring, including Ship: 500 Years of Maritime Adventure. A highly respected maritime historian, he has appeared on television programmes such as Time Team and Timewatch and has acted as consultant on many documentaries, including the BBC's Empire of the Seas. He was consultant on the film Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, and advised on the replica of Captain Cook's Endeavour. A skilled yachtsman, he has considerable experience with traditional ships.
- Author(s)Brian Lavery
- PublisherDorling Kindersley Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- SubjectShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date23/11/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1554 g
- Width214 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.