All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe Kemp and Young series provides a general introduction to a number of subject areas in a style that will be ideally suited for those wishing to learn more. The concise presentation of the subject matter is made possible by the reduction of the work to its simplest terms. This is achieved through the omission of unnecessary mathematics or mathematical concepts, and the generous use of diagrams and illustrations. Rapid reference to the substance of each topic can be made by use of the carefully constructed index. The third edition of 'Ship Stability: Notes and Examples' has been updated by Dr C B Barrass, who has wide experience in both industry and the academic field. The book has been thoroughly revised and expanded to be more in line with current examinations, and w covers topics such as ship squat, angle of heel whilst turning, and moments of inertia via Simpson's Rules. Also included is a diagram showing Deadweight-Moment. 'Ship Stability: Notes and Examples' is an invaluable tool to aid in the passing of maritime examinations.
- Author BiographyDr Bryan Barrass worked as a Ship Draughtsman for 11 years at Swan Hunters Shipyard in Wallsend. In 1963, he then became a Lecturer in Naval Architecture in Sunderland. From 1967 to 1993, he worked at Liverpool John Moores University, lecturing to Maritime Degree students, Masters, Mates, and Marine Engineers. In 1993 he retired from full-time work. He became a visiting Lecturer and has written seven books involving Ship Stability, Ship Design & Ship Performance and Ship Squat & Interaction. His interest in Ship Squat began in April 1972, starting on research for his Ph.D. degree. He has worked with many national & international Port Authorities. They include the PLA, Milford Haven PA, Liverpool PA, Humberside PA, Tyne PA, Truro PA, Newhaven PA, Bordeaux PA, Klaipeda PA, Nantes PA and Hamburg PA. Dr Barrass has supplied Ship Squat and Interaction information to 22 countries worldwide. He has lectured at a great number of UK Universities and has advised many Ship-owners on the above listed Specialist topics.
- Author(s)Bryan Barrass
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication12/12/2000
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteApprox. 100 illustrations
- Weight270 g
- Width149 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.