All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe cutting-edge papers in this collection reflect the wide areas to which John Pryor has made significant contributions in the course of his scholarly career. They are written by some of the world's most distinguished practitioners in the fields of Crusading history and the maritime history of the medieval Mediterranean. His colleagues, students and friends discuss questions including ship construction in the fourth and fifteenth centuries, navigation and harbourage in the eastern Mediterranean, trade in Fatimid Egypt and along the Iberian peninsula, military and social issues arising among the crusaders during field campaigns, and wider aspects of medieval warfare. All those with an interest in any of these subjects, whether students or specialists, will need to consult this book.
- Author BiographyDr Ruthy Gertwagen is Senior Lecturer, Byzantine and Modern Hellenic Studies, Haifa University, Israel. Elizabeth Jeffreys is Bywater and Sotheby Professor of Byzantine and Modern Greek Language and Literature Emerita, University of Oxford, UK.
- Author(s)Dr. Ruthy Gertwagen,Elizabeth Jeffreys,Ruthy Gertwagen
- PublisherAshgate Publishing Group
- Date of Publication28/04/2012
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationAldershot
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content Noteincludes 21 b&w illustrations
- Weight982 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byProfessor Elizabeth Jeffreys
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.