All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScience fiction masters Larry Niven ( Ringworld ) and Gregory Benford ( Timescape ) continue the thrilling adventure of a human expedition to ather star system that is jeopardized by an encounter with an astonishingly immense artifact in interstellar space: a bowl-shaped structure cupping a star, with a habitable area equivalent to many millions of Earths. And which, tantalizingly, is on a direct path heading toward the same system the human ship is to colonize.Investigating the Bowl, or Shipstar, the human explorers are separated one group captured by the gigantic structure's alien inhabitants, the other pursued across its strange and dangerous landscape while the mystery of the Shipstar's origins and purpose propel the human voyagers toward discoveries that transform their understanding of their place in the universe.
- Author BiographyGREGORY BENFORD is professor of physics at the University of California, Irvine, and lives in Irvine. Benford is a winner of the United Nations Medal for Literature, and the Nebula Award for his classic novel Timescape. LARRY NIVEN is the author of the Ringworld series and many other science fiction masterpieces. His Beowulf's Children, coauthored with Jerry Pournelle and Steven Barnes, was a New York Times bestseller. He lives in Chatsworth, California.
- Author(s)Gregory Benford,Larry Niven
- PublisherTor Books
- Date of Publication08/04/2014
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTor Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight603 g
- Width164 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.19
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.