Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.76+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
About this product
- DescriptionBad news ...for anyone who thought Carrie Fisher had finally stopped talking about herself. This time, the electro-convulsive shock therapy she's been undergoing is threatening to wipe out (what's left of) her memory. But get ready for a shock of your own. Not only doesn't she mind paying the second electric bill, she loves the high-voltage treatments. But before she can truly commit herself to it, she'd better get some of those more nagging memories of hers on paper. It's been a roller coaster of a few years for Carrie since her Tony- and Emmy-minated, one-woman Broadway show and New York Times bestselling book Wishful Drinking. She t only lost her beloved father, but also her once-upon-a-very-brief-time stepmother, Elizabeth Tayloras well as over forty pounds of unwanted flesh,, all the while staying sober and sane-ish. And she wants to tell you, dear reader, all about it. She wants you to someday be able to remind her how Elizabeth Taylor settles a score, how she and Michael Jackson became friends, or how she ended up sparring with Ted Kennedy on a dinner date. And she especially wants to preserve her memories of Eddie Fisher. Yes, of course, Shockaholic is laugh-out-loud funny, acerbic, and witty as hell. But it also reveals a new side of Carrie Fisher that may even bring a pleasant shock your way: it is contemplative, vulnerable, and ultimately quite tender.
- Author BiographyCarrie Fisher, the daughter of Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher, became an icon when she starred as Princess Leia in the original Star Wars trilogy. Her star-studded career includes roles in numerous films such as The Blues Brothers and When Harry Met Sally. She is the author of five bestselling novels, Wishful Drinking, Surrender the Pink, Delusions of Grandma, The Best Awful, and Postcards from the Edge, which was made into a hit film starring Shirley MacLaine and Meryl Streep. Fisher's experience with addiction and mental illness -- and her willingness to speak honestly about them -- have made her a sought-after speaker and respected advocate.
- Author(s)Carrie Fisher
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication10/11/2011
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Content NoteB&W illustrations throughout
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.