Shoe Innovations: A Visual Celebration of 60 Styles by Baroness Caroline Cox (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.70Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 8 Feb
- AU $23.34+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn illustrated survey of the most iconic shoe designs from the Edwardian Period to today.Shoe Invations is an enthralling survey of 60 of the most iconic shoe styles of the 20th and 21st centuries, from the Edwardian Louis heel, through the 1940s wedge, to the extreme architectural designs of Pierre Hardy for Balenciaga. It showcases a wide range of the most revered designers and their most sought-after creations. Fashion expert Caroline Cox traces the evolution of high-fashion shoes, placing each benchmark design in its social, historical and cultural contexts and describing the reasons for its popularity (or fall from grace) and in some cases its revival. Along the way, she reviews the pioneering work of key designers and manufacturers, and highlights successful celebrity-brand associations like Kate Moss and Vivienne Westwood, and the stars of Sex and City and Malo Blahnik. Evocative period photographs of style icons wearing the shoes highlight the informative descriptions. Detail-revealing close-ups and original designer sketches delve deeper into the creative process. For each shoe design, there is also a mini photographic catalog of the style variations available today. Shoe Invations is an inspirational guide to the history of stylish shoes and a unique catalog of cutting-edge shoe design, proving that shoes are t only a key component of fashion but also an art form in their own right. It is the perfect book for shoe lovers everywhere.
- Author BiographyCaroline Cox is an international authority on the history of fashion and beauty in both its modern and historical contexts. She broadcasts and lectures regularly on fashion and beauty culture and is a member of Vidal Sassoon's International Team and Editor-in-Chief of Sassoon magazine. For her outstanding contribution to fashion history and theory, Caroline was awarded a Visiting Professorship at the University of Arts, London. Her bestselling books include The Handbag and Vintage Shoes.
- Author(s)Baroness Caroline Cox
- PublisherFirefly Books
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFirefly Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width168 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.53
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.