Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author ofThe Last Madam: A Life in the New Orleans Underworldcomes an edgy vel, a racy gumbo of suspense, comedy, and sisters in crime.Karen and Raynie are roommates hiding from sticky pasts. When vengeful gangsters and old boyfriends descend, Karen can t hide from the Miami thug who wants his money back, and Raynie s would-be rapist gets a gun and goes on a rampage. To top it off, Karen s boss, LaDonna, has a young lover with a new and dangerous idea. The three women unite to face the repercussions of the stolen money and the violence that ensues.From Mamou to Miami to New Orleans, money and friendship are at the heart ofShoot the Moneyas it explores women s desires for big bucks. They see what money does to those who have it, lose it, pursue it, or steal it and what happens when they try a little revenge on their rapid chase toward a better life.They ve got the money, they re smart, and they re daring. And they ve got a gun. They could whip it out and shoot somebody, but that would be way too easy.
- Author BiographyChristine Wiltz, a native of New Orleans, is the author of five novels, includingThe Killing Circle, A Diamond Before You Die, andThe Emerald Lizard, all set in New Orleans and featuring Irish Channel detective Neal Rafferty. Wiltz s novelThe Glass Housewas praised by theNew York Timesas unflinchingly honest and a book that needs to be read on both sides of Convent Street. Shoot the Money, her most recent fiction, is an edgy sisters in crime novel reminiscent of Thelma and Louise.The Last Madam, her biography of French Quarter legend Norma Wallace, is under option for film.Wiltz has written for theNew Yorker, theLos Angeles Times, and numerous other publications. She has been a writer in residence and adjunct professor at both Tulane and Loyola Universities.
- Author(s)Chris Wiltz
- PublisherOpen Road Media Mystery & Thri
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Road Media Mystery & Thri
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.