Shooting to Survive: How to Fight with a Pistol by Timothy D Blakeley (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $52.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShooting to Survive is an authoritative guide for concealed carry, law enforcement, and military operations. The book contains information from some of the best instructors in competitive shooting, private security, law enforcement, and the military throughout the United States and internationally. Volumes of information that would fill a personal library have been conveniently assembled into this one book to inform and educate you on how to fight with a pistol. This is t ather how to shoot a handgun book, but a book on how to fight with a pistol with reasons given for the particular techniques. With nearly 300 illustrations and over 1300 endtes, this 600-page comprehensive book covers what you need to kw, including carrying a pistol concealed, establishing personal layered protection for greater survivability, and how to stop a determined adversary by using the most effective tactics with a pistol. Learn why the heart can be destroyed, but the person can continue to fight for 10 to 15 seconds. Discover the critical element of stopping power for pistol ammunition, and according to a medical professional why so-called kck down power is a myth. Revealed is the science behind the phemena of seeing two target images when focusing on the front sight with both eyes open, and seeing two images of the pistol when focusing on the target. Learn how to use this phemen to your advantage while shooting. Did you kw the body's response time is 6% faster with both eyes as opposed to using only the dominant eye? The response time is 10% faster than just using the n-dominant eye. Did you kw that blinking while shooting is a flinch response that can be controlled? Learn how to maximize your visual performance to achieve fast and accurate shooting. You may see shooting in an entirely different way. Many techniques of self-protection shooting are covered: concealed carry, target discrimination and challenging, drawing, ready positions, reloading, clearing stoppages, firing positions, retention of the pistol, contact shot, shooting multiple and moving targets, flashlight and low light techniques, vision impaired shooting, shooting while injured, use of concealment and cover, engaging the active shooter, and much more. The Glock brand because of its popularity in American law enforcement and internationally was chosen as the model pistol for the book. However, the techniques of how to fight with a pistol apply to all brands of pistols including those with a decocker, grip safety, or manual safety. The techniques will work equally well for a petite female or a large male. There is also information specifically for the female shooter. Shooting to Survive offers protection through realistic, proven techniques for safeguarding yourself and your loved ones against criminals and terrorists. The information in this book may help in saving your life one day.
- Author(s)Timothy D Blakeley
- PublisherPolicetech Publications
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPolicetech Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight821 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byJeanette J Blakeley
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.