Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionIf you enjoy the delights of the ocean and revelatory stories found in people's lives, you will want to read Shore Lines: Life Lessons from the Sea. Edwin Lynn draws from his varied careers and a lifetime near the sea to reflect upon our everyday patterns while also capturing the beauty and glory of times at the beach, where our mind is free and our senses liberated. In 27 short essays divided into three sections --Attitude, Adversity, and Gratitude --he creates a connection between the seaside environment and human experiences from which we can all learn important life lessons. He describes what it means to live with change in Crests and Troughs, ways of getting unstuck in Barnacles and Other Grabbers, and reshaping adversity in Greenheads in Season, No Refunds. The giant Under Toad, the tern's aggressive bombardment, and a dreaded shark attack can teach us about our fears, vulnerabilities, and assumptions. Lynn imaginatively and playfully examines the shifting sand dunes, breaking waves, and mysterious cormorants as well as other shore life to discover the lessons they reveal to us. Each story is tied to a seaside image --patterns in the sand reveal a grandmother's kindly wisdom about lasting love, the waters of a marshy maze echo the failures in using the wrong map, and the gull's grittiness and acceptance demonstrate what skills a young couple needs to survive 118 days at sea. Sharing honestly and intimately about family, friendships, and personal experiences, Lynn's writing is accessible and inspirational. His stories are permeated with an exuberance, grace, and gratitude for each day, embodied in his daily mantra that he has embraced from Winslow Homer: The sun will t rise or set without my tice and thanks.
- Author(s)Edwin Lynn
- Date of Publication22/09/2011
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight359 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.