All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis timely book is a road map for defining the care of acute heart failure patients in the short stay or observation unit setting. Produced in collaboration with the Society of Chest Pain Centers, this book provides an understanding of the diverse medical needs and solutions, administrative processes, and regulatory issues necessary for successful management. In an environment of increasing financial consciousness, medical practice is changing drastically. Short stay care is premier among the new specialties that cater to the complex balance of optimizing patient outcomes while minimizing fiscal burdens. The observation unit has proven to be an excellent arena for the care of acute heart failure, replete with opportunities to improve both medical management and quality metrics. Unique to the field, Short Stay Management of Acute Heart Failure, Second Edition is the only book of its kind, providing the medical, regulatory, and ecomic tools necessary to create and implement successful short stay management protocols and units for the care of the heart failure patient. It is an essential guide for health care professionals and for hospitals and institutions wishing to be recognized as quality heart failure centers as accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
- Author BiographyDr. William F. Peacock, IV graduated cum laude from Alma College in Alma, Michigan, with a BS in Biology and received his MD from Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan. He completed his residency in Emergency Medicine at William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan, where he then joined the faculty. Subsequently he has held faculty positions at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, the Ohio State University, Metro Health Medical Center, and most recently at The Cleveland Clinic, in Cleveland. Currently, Dr. Peacock is Vice-Chair, of The Cleveland Clinic Institute of Emergency Medicine, as well as Associate Professor in the Department of Emergency Medicine at Ohio State University. Dr. Peacock has served in numerous hospital positions and is currently the Chairman of the Emergency Preparedness Committee, and the Medical Director of Event medicine at the Cleveland Clinic. The Event Medicine program provides medical care for all of the major sports and entertainment stadiums in Cleveland, including the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Indians, and Cleveland Cavaliers. Dr. Peacock is currently on the Board of Directors for the Society of Chest Pain. He is an active national, regional, and state speaker at numerous cardiology and emergency medicine meetings for the last 15 years. Dr. Peacock has published widely, especially in the area of heart failure and acute coronary syndromes. With over 150 publications and equal number of published abstracts, he is the co-editor of the book Cardiac Emergencies, and was most recently the editor of the Short Stay Management of Heart Failure text. He serves on the Editorial Board for the journal Congestive Heart Failure, and performs reviews for the Journal of American Medical Association, American Heart Journal, Journal of the American College of Cardiology, Clinical Chemistry, and other publications. Among the several awards he has received is the Excellence in Research Award from the American College of Emergency Physicians, and the Codman Award from the American Association of Group Practice for his efforts in heart failure research.
- Author(s)W. Frank Peacock
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleContemporary Cardiology
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note29 black & white tables, biography
- Weight707 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.