Shot All to Hell: Jesse James, the Northfield Raid, and the Wild West's Greatest Escape by Mark Lee Gardner (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.69Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt was the most famous bank robbery of all time, involving the Wild West's most celebrated gang of outlaws and their iconic leader, Jesse James. In the spirit of Manhunt and Empire of the Summer Moon, Shot All to Hell tells the hour-by-hour story of the James-Younger gang's last robbery and the two-week chase that followed - the near misses, the fateful mistakes, and the bloody final shootout on the Watonwan River. Mark Lee Gardner takes us inside Northfield's First National Bank and outside in the streets as the outlaw robbers square off with the heroic citizens who risked their lives to defeat America's most daring criminals. Drawing on volumius primary sources, including newspaper reports from the period, Gardner goes beyond previous accounts to tell the full, in-depth story of the James-Younger gang's thrilling hold-up and Jesse and Frank's incredible escape. Shot All to Hell follows the James brothers as they elude the several posses hell-bent to capture them-one of the largest manhunts in U. S. history. And it solves a mystery that has been hotly debated for more than 135 years - The identity of the killer who gunned down Joseph Lee Heywood, the bank's acting cashier. Gardner also offers elegiac endings for the Younger brothers, Cole, Jim, and Bob, and explores the James brothers' fates after the manhunt. A galloping true tale of frontier justice featuring audacious outlaws and brave heroes, Shot All to Hell is a riveting slice of Wild West history that continues to reverberate today.
- Author BiographyMark Lee Gardner is the author of To Hell on a Fast Horse, the story of Billy the Kid and Sheriff Pat Garrett. An authority on the American West, Gardner has appeared on PBS's American Experience, ABC's World News, the History Channel, Encore Westerns, NPR's All Things Considered, and BBC Radio. He has written for the Los Angeles Times, American Heritage, Wild West, American Cowboy, and New Mexico magazine. Gardner lives with his family in Cascade, Colorado.
- Author(s)Mark Lee Gardner
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication07/08/2013
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsRough front
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.