All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title is suitable for all Shotokan Karateka whether they are beginners, advanced students or coaches. This standard work offers assistance to all Shotokan Karateka, whether they are beginners or advanced students, pupils or coaches. All the facets of this demanding fighting art are covered and described in an easily understandable manner. The most important Kihon techniques, the various Kumite forms as well as free fighting and basic Katas are described in detail. This is a complete package for anyone who wishes to improve themselves in this martial art. Contents of this title include: the history of Karate from FUNAKOAHI up to today's Shotokan Karate - what is Karate-Do? - training and preparation for grading; a comprehensive introduction to the basic techniques; all the Kumite forms from the Gohon-Kumite to Jiyu-Kumite; and, full explanations of the Katas Heian 1-5, Tekki 1 and Bassai-Dai. Over 500 photos are showing the ermously broad technical spectrum of the fighting art of Shotokan Karate.
- Author BiographyJoachim Grupp has been practicing Karate since 1976 and holds a 4th Dan in Shotokan Karate. He works as an instructor in a Karate Club in Berlin and has already published two earlier works on this subject Shotokan Karate KATA Vol. 2 and Shotokan Karate Kumite .
- Author(s)Joachim Grupp
- PublisherMeyer & Meyer Sport (UK) Ltd
- Date of Publication10/09/2009
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationGarsington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMeyer & Meyer Sport (UK) Ltd
- Content Note400 photos & illustration
- Weight381 g
- Width165 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.