Shouting at Windmills: Bs from Bush to Obama by Charles Karel Bouley II (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $50.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSyndicated talk show host, political satirist, author and all around entertainer Karel (Charles Karel Bouley II) gathers some of his most controversial columns from the HuffingtonPost as well as never-before-published forays in to common sense covering the end of the Bush Era, the beginning of the Obama and even a glimpse in to his personal life through a very public firing over a certain plumber and the rebuilding of a career at the time America rebuilds as well.
- Author BiographyKarel (Charles Karel Bouley) is a syndicated talk show host with a show heard on KGO AM 810 San Francisco as well as in five other markets (KRXA, KGOE, KYNS, KJRB, Green1640 Atlanta). Karel continues his #1 talk show at Citadel/ABC's flagship station, KGO AM 810 San Francisco (#1 overall station) and made history for KFI AM 640 Los Angeles. He is an entertainment reporter and film critic (having worked with KNX 1070 Los Angeles CBS, Billboard, The Advocate and others). The show is available at iTunes as a free podcast He is a blogger for the HuffingtonPost.com and has been a columnist for the #1 gay/lesbian newsmagazine The Advocate at Advocate.com as well as Billboard and others. His book of essays You Can't Say That is published by Alyson Press His music is available at iTunes and other online stores and he maintains a blog, podcasts and message boards at www.thekarelshow.com His live stage show Karel Stands Up mixes politics and humor and sells out consistently. Karel also appears as a guest on topical issues having appeared on such cable news networks as CNN, MSNBC and Fox News. Karel starred with Ryan Seacrest as a lead on TNN's Ultimate Revenge (an improved practical joke show a la Punk'd) created by industry veteran Woody Fraiser. Karel produced, directed and wrote a marriage equality PSA that won second place in GLAAD's I Do contest, being aired at OutFest and on national television, featuring 12 youth and a cameo by Thomas Jefferson. He is a voting member of Grammy (NARAS) having released five dance singles and one complete album, Karel, Dance or Else. He continues to record. Karel made history with his late partner (on and off air) Andrew Howard as the duo became the first openly gay male couple to host a major market talk show when they took over afternoon drive at KFI AM 640 Los Angeles (following Rush Limbaugh and Dr. Laura on the #1 talk station in the country). Upon Andrew's untimely death in 2001, Karel went solo and personally changed state law in California so he could pursue a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of his partner. He does his shows from his studio at the home they shared, Park Howard, in Long Beach, CA, where he lives with his dogs and cat.
- Author(s)Charles Karel Bouley II
- Date of Publication27/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight885 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.