Show Me a Story!: Why Picture Books Matter : Conversations with 21 of the World's Most Celebrated Illustrators by Leonard S. Marcus (Microfilm, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.34+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn compelling interviews by the acclaimed Leonard S. Marcus, twenty-one top authors and illustrators reveal their inside stories on the art of creating picture books. Max and Mickey; Miss Nelson; Pack, Quack, and Mrs. Mallard; Pigeon; Sylvester; John Henry; and a very hungry caterpillar -- these are just a few of the beloved picture book characters discussed in Show Me a Story. Rewned children's literature authority Leonard S. Marcus speaks with their creators and others -- twenty-one of the world's most celebrated authors and illustrators-- and asks about their childhood, their inspiration, their determination, their mentors, their creative choices, and more. Amplifying these richly entertaining and thought-provoking conversations are eighty-eight full-color plates revealing each illustrator's artistic process from sketch to near-final artwork in fascinating, behind-the-scenes detail. Why do children love and need picture books so much? Recasting and greatly expanding on a volume published in 2002 as Ways of Telling, Leonard S. Marcus confirms that picture books matter because they make a difference in our children's lives.
- Author BiographyLeonard S. Marcus is one of the world's leading writers about children's books and their illustrations. His many books include The Wand in the Word: Conversations with Writers of Fantasy ; Funny Business: Conversations with Writers of Comedy ; Dear Genius ; and others. His essays, interviews, and reviews appear in the New York Times Book Review, among other publications. About Show Me a Story!, he says, Our favorite picture books speak to us at the start of life and continue to speak to us for the rest of our lives. I find that an amazing achievement. Leonard S. Marcus lives in Brooklyn.
- Author(s)Leonard S. Marcus
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication03/05/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), photographs
- Weight839 g
- Width173 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byLeonard S Marcus
- Interest AgeFrom 14
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.