All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionShow and Tell Psychodrama demonstrates to professionals how they can enhance and enliven their practices of psychotherapy, health care, law, education, business, spiritual growth, community activism, coaching and more. Psychodrama is the powerful interactive method of invigorating your creative potential to meet life challenges and opportunities. It has its roots in the 20th century and has rapidly spread around the world, continuing to blossom with invation and inspiration. Whether you are a curious professional seeking new skills or a student just beginning to fall in love with this amazing method, these 60 bite-size articles give you an easy introduction to fresh ways to support healing, learning and change. Show and Tell Psychodrama will help you learn how to: - Spark creativity and spontaneity within you and the people you work with - Lead safe and effective role plays - from classroom to corporation - Create authentic relationships in groups in every setting - Take your role as a leader and understand and manage the roles that others play. Just a few of the specific topics are: - Magic Shop - Can of Creativity - Diamond of Opposites - The empty chair and other useful props - History of psychodrama - Rules for role play - Group guidelines - Thoughts on ethics - Sociometry options - Ideas for addictions counselors - Anger and experiential work - Neurobiology of experiential work - Psychodrama and Jung - How to find a trainer Extra bonus: Special section for the psychodrama certification candidate to navigate studying for the national exam with the American Board of Examiners in Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy. Reviews This book is invaluable for trainers, offering clearly worded and concise definitions and descriptions of most aspects of the method, organized in an easy-to-use format. - Rebecca Walters, TEP, co-director of the Hudson Valley Psychodrama Institute A gift to the new student and the established trainer in psychodrama. The writing is clear and concise. and the breadth of content offered is remarkable. - Mario Cossa, MA, RDT/MT, TEP, co-founder of the Bay Area More Institute, San Francisco, California An excellent introduction to the field of psychodrama and its many current applications - a great warm up for therapists wishing to expand their use of experiential methods. - Tian Dayton, Ph.D, TEP, author of The Drama Within: Psychodrama and Experiential Therapy For a quick introduction to a complex method, this offers an easy read. Turn on to the idea of integrating creative collaboration, enactment and improvisation. - Adam Blatner, M.D., TEP, author of Foundations of Psychodrama: History, Theory and Practice and Acting In. An exceptional tool for learning what's needed for the psychodrama certification exam. It should be part of everyone's tool kit - trainers and their students alike. - Kate Hudgins, Ph.D., TEP, author of Experiential Therapy with PTSD: The Therapeutic Spiral Model Many people, once introduced to psychodrama or other methods of More, will appreciate this easy-to-read compendium of methods, source materials and concise explanations. References within the text direct the reader to explore further right at the moment they begin to think about it. - Ann E. Hale, TEP, International Sociometry Training Network This is a very good book. Karen has the gift of translating complex and complicated philosophical concepts and constructs into brief and clear articles. She also has the knack for describing simple and practical experiential interventions for use in individual and group treatment. - Dale Richard Buchanan, TEP, former clinical director of psychodrama at St. Elizabeths Hospital, Washington, D.C.
- Author BiographyKaren Carnabucci, LCSW, TEP, is a licensed clinical social worker and nationally board certified trainer, educator and practitioner in psychodrama, sociometry and group psychotherapy. She has had the great good fortune to study with Zerka T. Moreno, the widow and collaborator of Dr. J.L. Moreno, on the original Moreno Stage in Highland, N.Y. She has practiced and taught these unique experiential learning methods locally, regionally and nationally since 1989. She received the Hannah Weiner Award in 2006 from the American Society of Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama for her work in advancing the method and the David Kipper Scholar's Award in 2013 for her ongoing writing about psychodrama. She frequently presents on a variety of topics, with special interest in trauma, addiction, spirituality, self care for helping professionals, ancestry and family constellations, the use of energy medicine, and the creative arts in healing. She is the co-author of Integrating Psychodrama and Systemic Constellation Work: New Directions for Action Methods, Mind-Body Therapies and Energy Healing with the late Ronald Anderson and Healing Eating Disorders with Psychodrama and Other Action Methods: Beyond the Silence and the Fury with Linda Ciotola, M.Ed., TEP. She lives in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, where she offers personal growth and training groups with psychodrama, systemic constellation work and other action methods. She also offers local and electronic supervision to trainees and travels to teach and consult when invited.
- Author(s)Karen Carnabucci
- PublisherNusanto Publishing
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNusanto Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.