All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFind out about the other stars in show business. There are hundreds of people who make a live show worth seeing: the entertainers on stage, of course, but also the many people behind the scenes whose work ensures that the show will be a success. Set designer Machiko Weston meticulously creates miniature 3D sets that capture the smallest detail of what the actual stage will look like. Long-haul trucker Ben Pinel makes sure that instruments, lights, and speakers get to the venue safely and on time. And if onstage fireworks, laser shows, and special effects are appealing, the job of pyrotechnics expert comes with its fair share of excitement--and danger. Readers will learn about other behind-the-scenes people such as costume designer, promoter, vocal coach, and more: all people whose job it is to make sure that every show is the best one ever.
- Author BiographyKevin Sylvester is an award-winning illustrator, author, and a well-known broadcaster on CBC radio. His last book with Annick Press, Game Day, was nominated by the OLA for the Silver Birch Award. He lives with his family in Toronto.
- Author(s)Kevin Sylvester
- PublisherAnnick Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintAnnick Press Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight228 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ross Kinnaird
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Picture book
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.64Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $35.74Trending at AU $44.54
- AU $31.62Trending at AU $38.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.