All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionHappiness. What exactly is that? Most would settle for contentment. But, then again, the line between contentment and misery can sometimes be very fine indeed. At first glance, Alastair, his wife Penny, and their 23-year-old daughter Vicky, seem to be a happy, loving family. But Alastair is being tempted by a curvaceous work colleague - Beth - who won't take '' for an answer. Meanwhile, Penny has her own secret frustrations. And young Vicky's love life - much to her anyance - appears to be going where. Finding happiness is t always as easy as it seems. And just one moment in one particular place - well, that's all it takes sometimes to send people's lives off in entirely different directions, changing everything forever. Things can suddenly come to a head - anywhere, at any time - like on Shrewsbury Station, just after six. In this gentle, atmospheric vel, the landscape between misery and joy - a landscape kwn by each and every one of us - is explored with tenderness and humour. Family dynamics and the ebb and flow of love are at the heart of the story, and the entire piece is set in and around the beautiful English town of Shrewsbury.
- Author BiographyMarried with three sons, Philip Gillam is a journalist and author whose passions include pop music, the cinema, local history, the company of good friends, long walks in the country, and cosy pubs on winter nights. He's a Beatles aficionado and an Elvis Costello fan. He is also fascinated by architecture and the urban environment. And on hot, sunny days, he finds himself drawn to ice cream vans.
- Author(s)Philip Gillam
- Date of Publication23/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.