All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe county town of Shropshire underwent great changes in the twenty-five years between 1950 and 1975, when the council's watchword was 'down with the old and up with the new'. This book contains over 180 images of Shrewsbury from that time, from the transformation of the town centre to the demolition of the slum dwellings in the 1960s, when whole communities were uprooted. With stunning images from a local press photographer, fine aerial shots taken by a local land agent and material from an avid collector of Shrewsbury ephemera, it offers a unique look at the town as it developed and modernised after the Second World War, and a fascinating glimpse into the daily lives of its residents.
- Author BiographyDavid Trumperis aretired teacher with a longstanding interest in local history and photography who has collected more than 20,000 views of Shrewsbury and Shropshire, dating from 1842 up until the present day. David has written more than 22 books to date, including Shrewsbury Revisited, Shropshire Then & Now, Shrewsbury Then & Now, and Telford Then & Now, as well as numerous articles. He runs talks and guided walks across the county throughout the year.
- Author(s)David Trumper
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication25/11/2014
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note200 black & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.