Shrink: Faithful Ministry in a Church-Growth Culture by Tim Suttle (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmong followers of Jesus, great is often the enemy of good. The drive to be great-to be a success by the standards of the world-often crowds out the qualities of goodness, virtue, and faithfulness that should define the central focus of Christian leadership. In the culture of today's church, successful leadership is often judged by what works, while persistent faithfulness takes a back seat. If a ministry doesn't produce results, it is dropped. If people don't respond, we move on. This pursuit of greatness exerts a crushing pressure on the local church and creates a consuming anxiety in its leaders. In their pursuit of this warped vision of greatness, church leaders end up embracing a leadership narrative that runs counter to the sacrificial call of the gospel story. When church leaders focus on faithfulness to God and the gospel, however, it's always a kingdom-win-regardless of the visible results of their ministry. John the Baptist modeled this kind of leadership. As John's disciples crossed the Jordan River to follow after Jesus, John freely released them to a greater calling than following him. Speaking of Jesus, John said: He must increase, but I must decrease. Joyfully satisfied to have been faithful to his calling, John knew that the size and scope of his ministry would be determined by the will of the Father, t his own will. Following the example of John the Baptist and with a careful look at the teaching of Scripture, Tim Suttle dares church leaders to risk failure by chasing the vision God has given them- matter how small it might seem-instead of pursuing the broad path of pragmatism that leads to fame and numerical success.
- Author BiographyTim Suttle is the pastor of Redemption Church in Olathe, Kansas and the author of Finding God's Story in the Midst of Extremes and Public Jesus. Tim and his wife, Kristin, live in Kansas City with their two boys, Nicholas and Lewis.
- Author(s)Tim Suttle
- Date of Publication02/09/2014
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight235 g
- Width139 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Foreword byScot McKnight
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.