All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShrinking Cities: Understanding Shrinkage and Decline in the United States offers a contemporary look at patterns of shrinkage and decline in the United States. The book juxtaposes the complex and numerous processes that contribute to these patterns with broader policy frameworks that have been under consideration to address shrinkage in U.S. cities. A range of methods are employed to answer theoretically-grounded questions about patterns of shrinkage and decline, the relationships between the two, and the empirical associations among shrinkage, decline, and several socio-ecomic variables. In doing so, the book examines new spaces of shrinkage in the United States. The book also explores pro-growth and decline-centered governance, which has important implications for questions of sustainability and resilience in U.S. cities. Finally, the book draws attention to U.S.-wide demographic shifts and argues for further research on socio-ecomic pathways of various groups of population, contextualized within population trends at various geographic scales. This timely contribution contends that an understanding of what the city has become, as it faces shrinkage, is essential toward a critical analysis of development both within and beyond city boundaries. The book will appeal to urban and regional studies scholars from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds, as well as practitioners and policymakers.
- Author BiographyRussell Weaver is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Geography at Texas State University, USA. Sharmistha Bagchi-Sen is a Professor of Geography at the State University of New York at Buffalo, USA. Jason Knight is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Geography and Planning at the State University of New York at Buffalo, USA. Amy E. Frazier is an Assistant Professor of Geography at Oklahoma State University, USA.
- Author(s)Amy E. Frazier,Jason Knight,Russell Weaver,Sharmistha Bagchi-Sen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/08/2016
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Urbanism and the City
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, 5 black & white halftones, 17 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.