About this product
- DescriptionNine weighty literary classics are transformed into delectable morsels with Scott Nash s playful versification and whimsical illustration. Can t stomach all of Frankenstein? Lacking the strength to read The Odyssey? Don t have 1,001 nights to get through Scheherazade s ordeal? Never fear, Shrunken Treasures are here! Nine of the world s best-kwn stories and books have been reduced, like slowly simmered cherries, to tart and tasty mouthfuls. Lighthearted verse turns Moby-Dick into a simple nursery song. Outrageous color makes even gloomy Hamlet seem like fun. Riotous images transform Jane Eyre s ordeal into a whirlwind adventure. The Metamorphosis, Remembrance of Things Past, Don Quixote, and others have all been delivered from dense duty to delightful ditty in Scott Nash s collection of hallowed classics, featuring tes about the original texts at the end.
- Author BiographyScott Nash is the creator of the illuminated middle-grade novel The High-Skies Adventures of Blue Jay the Pirate and the early reader Tuff Fluff: The Case of Duckie's Missing Brain. He is also the illustrator of Saturday Night at the Dinosaur Stomp by Carol Diggory Shields and many other children s books. He lives on Peaks Island off the coast of Portland, Maine.
- Author(s)Scott Nash
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width254 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Scott Nash
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,Picture book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.