All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFlexibound Now completely revised and updated --t he indispensable resource for all birders seeking an authoritative guide to the birds of the West in a portable format they will want to carry into the field. Compact and comprehensive, this guide features 715 bird species, plus regional populations, found west of the Rocky Mountains. Entries include stunningly accurate illustrations--more than 5,046 in total--with descriptive captions pointing out the most important field marks. Each entry has been updated to include the most current information concerning frequency, nesting, behavior, food and feeding, voice description, and key identification features. Here too are more than 652 updated maps drawn from information contributed by 110 regional experts across the continent, and showing winter, summer, year-round, migration, and rare ranges. NEW AND IMPROVED: Updated habitat, description, behavior, and conservation text for each species account and all family pages (drawn from the second edition of The Sibley Guide to Birds and tailored for the specific region). All illustrations, including new and revised illustrations of species and regional forms, are taken from the rescanned and meticulously color-corrected second printing of the second edition of the Sibley Guide. New design reflects the layout of The Sibley Guide to Birds, Second Edition. All species accounts are w presented in columns, rather than stacked, allowing for better comparison and more illustrations and text for each species. Current taxomic order and up-to-date common names. All maps revised to reflect the most current range information. More species and rarities included.
- Author BiographyDAVID ALLEN SIBLEY is the author and illustrator of the series of successful guides to nature that bear his name, including the New York Times best seller The Sibley Guide to Birds. He has contributed art and articles to Smithsonian, Science, The Wilson Journal of Ornithology, Birding, BirdWatching, and North American Birds, and wrote and illustrated a syndicated column for The New York Times. He is the recipient of the Roger Tory Peterson Award for Lifetime Achievement from the American Birding Association and the Linnaean Society of New York's Eisenmann Medal. He lives in Concord, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Mr David Sibley
- PublisherBroadway Books (A Division of Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc)
- Date of Publication08/04/2016
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBroadway Books (A Division of Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width122 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine28 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.