All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow do brothers and sisters shape one ather? Siblings in Adolescence provides a comprehensive overview of the most up-to-date, international empirical research on the sibling bond during the critical adolescent years. The authors examine how the relationship impacts on adolescent development, as well as the effect on and within the family, using evidence from behaviour genetics, cross-cultural studies, and research utilizing both quantitative and qualitative methods. The book presents a multi-faceted dynamic view of the adolescent sibling relationship, drawing on perspectives from sociological, psychological, and ecological and systems science. It introduces a vel theoretical perspective which covers sibling dynamics across various key environments such as their families, communities, and cultures. Parents and siblings will also find useful coverage of the following issues: * school and life transitions * parental separation * health, illness, and disability * diverse family experiences. Siblings in Adolescence will be indispensable for advanced undergraduate and postgraduate students studying human development, and will supplement postgraduate courses for teachers, counsellors, and social, youth, and health workers. It will also be required reading for all those who work and do research with families and young people.
- Author BiographyAiden Sisler is a doctoral student at the Institute of Education at the Technische Universitat Berlin (TUB), Germany, where she investigates the intersection of culture, gender, education, and politics. With 15 years of experience working with children, and 28 years of being one, Aiden lends her expertise to projects dedicated to youths' well-being. Angela Ittel is Professor of Educational Psychology at the Institute of Education at the Technische Universitat Berlin (TUB), Germany. Dr. Ittel's research focuses on gender and cultural factors in education as well as familial and school-based contexts for development.
- Author(s)Aiden Sisler,Angela Ittel
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/12/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleStudies in Adolescent Development
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.