All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first of its kind, Guillermo's Sibyls explores the history and remarkable influence of the oracles. With fascinating depth, it takes a look at the divinatory females of classical antiquity, their status as spokeswomen for the gods, and addresses the significance of a society willing to bow to matriarchal authority. Along with accounts of the Erythraean, Cumaean, Delphic and Tiburtine Sibyls, Guillermo considers the unusual respect with which Christians have traditionally treated the pagan figures.
- Author BiographyJorge Guillermo has degrees in Theology and Architectural History and has lectured on Dutch architecture in several museums and universities in Europe and the United States. He is the author of Dutch Houses and Castles and Cuba - Five Hundred Years of Images. He is currently working on a book about the balance between tradition and innovation in western culture.
- Author(s)Jorge Guillermo
- PublisherGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication19/12/2013
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Content Note25
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.