Sickle Cell Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, and Management by Vipul N. Mankad, R. Blaine Moore (Hardback, 1992)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $108.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $206.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSickle cell disease is a complex disease with a genetic mutation producing a wide variety of manifestations. It is of great public health importance nationally and internationally. While the conclusions of this study support the generally accepted views on the disease, the book provides the most recent information and state-of-the-art kwledge on the subject. The book is unique in that it presents the genetic, molecular, cellular, metabolic, rheologic, clinical, diagstic, therapeutic, and psychosocial dimensions of sickle cell disease. Its synthesis of micro to macro, molecular to cellular, individual to social relationships provides a comprehensive study of sickle cell disease. The book offers a synthesis of basic science describing genetic, molecular, metabolic, and rheologic aspects of sickle cell disease. Clinical aspects, including diagsis and treatment, and psychosocial aspects, covering the interaction of the patient with sickle cell disease with society, are also treated. Physicians, scientists, allied health workers, sociologists, and social workers, epidemiologists and anthropologists as well as administrators of sickle cell centers will find this volume useful. The ultimate goal of the book is to improve the understanding of sickle cell disease and to contribute to a better quality of life for those who have the disease or who are at risk of getting it.
- Author BiographyVIPUL N. MANKAD, a physician scientist and a pediatric hematologist-oncologist, is Louise Lenoir Lock Distinguished Professor and Vice Chairman of Pediatrics. He is a Senior Scientist at the Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center at the University of South Alabama College of Medicine. R. BLAINE MOORE, a biochemist and red cell scientist is an Associate Director and a Scientist at the Comprehensive Sickle Cell Center at the University of South Alabama College of Medicine. He is also an Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Biochemistry at South Alabama.
- Author(s)R. Blaine Moore,Vipul N. Mankad
- Date of Publication24/11/1992
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight780 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.