Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis manual has the information readers need to respond correctly to all 18 common sports injuries. It provides practical advice for making important decisions when an athlete is hurt and a medical professional isn't available. The book covers critical injuries, internal organ injuries, facial injuries and extremity injuries. For each injury, an easy-to-follow flowchart guides readers step-by-step through an on-field and sideline evaluation process. The flowcharts help them determine the type of injury sustained, the athlete's physical and mental status, the severity of the injury, whether to call for emergency help, whether the athlete needs to see a doctor, what first aid procedures should be started, and whether it is safe for the athlete to return to play.
- Author BiographyMarshall K. Steele III, MD, has been caring for high school, college, and young athletes since 1977. In 1983 he started the first comprehensive program in Maryland for athletic trainers working with high school and youth sports. Under the program, each high school in Anne Arundel County was assigned an athletic trainer who visited the school at least twice weekly. Dr. Steele also recruited volunteer team physicians throughout the county for high school football games.Dr. Steele has presented many lectures to coaches and primary care physicians and received several awards, including the Robert Pascal Service Award for special service to high school athletes and the Anne Arundel County Coaches Award. A member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), he has been a member of the ACSM's Committee on Youth Clinics, a state commissioner on the Maryland Physical Fitness Commission, and a national advisory board member for Caremark, Inc. He also was a sports medicine physician at the 1984 Olympic Games.Dr. Steele holds a medical degree from the University of Maryland and is president of the Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Center in Annapolis, MD.
- Author(s)Marshall K. Steele
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/1996
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1996
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Out-of-print date17/02/2016
- Content Note1 colour illustrations, 19 colour illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.