All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionSidetracked is a series of stories which chronicle the zigzag adventures of two authors searching for a better understanding of their state. Milam propst and Jaclyn White are good friends who enjoy the creative process, love to chat, dine, and explore out-of-the-way places. Their initial plan was to trace Sherman's March to the Sea and visit some of Georgia's 3,000 plus historic markers along the way. While the journey would t necessarily spotlight the Civil War, Sherman's path would provide them with a specific route. There was one slight disadvantage to the plan. Neither of the writers have any sense of direction. Because of this, they got sidetracked often, made countless U-turns, and frequently found fascinating stories by accident. Sidetracked is a great read for would-be history buffs who will appreciate the research that went into it. But the stories are also crafted to entertain readers who will relish the surprises found in the unexpected turns along the road and the ongoing dialogue between propst and White. It's informative, it's funny, it's sad; it's a story of newly revealed truths and longstanding friendship.
- Author BiographyMilam Mcgraw Propst hopped about from newspaper reporting to public relations to writing books. Author of nine books in all, her first, A Flower Blooms on Charlotte Street published by Mercer University Press, became the film, The Adventures of Ociee Nash. Propst lives in Sandy Springs, Georgia. Jaclyn Weldon White is the author of eight books, including two true crimes, three biographies, two mystery novels, and a book on herbs. She is a twotime winner of the Georgia Author of the Year Award. White, also a jewelry designer, lives in Hoschton, Georgia. Learn more at jaclynweldonwhite.com.
- Author(s)Jaclyn Weldon White,Milam McGraw Propst
- PublisherMercer University Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2016
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMercer University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.