All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStarting from the profane material of everyday culture, Polke interprets images of reality rather than reality itself, satirizes tendencies in contemporary painting, questions the role of the artist as author, breaks down the trivial visual worlds of media photography, and always, but always, takes off on the most magnificient flights of imagination.
- Author BiographySigmar Polke was born is East Germany in 1941 and studied at the State Academy of Art in Dusseldorf. He first achieved recognition in 1963 when he began working in a witty and irreverent style he termed Capitalist Realism- often considered a more complex and political cousin to Anglo-American Pop Art.
- Author(s)Gloria Moure
- PublisherEdiciones Poligrafa
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationBarcelona
- Country of PublicationSpain
- ImprintEdiciones Poligrafa
- Content Note180
- Weight1656 g
- Width215 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.