All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionPostmodernism meets music mash-up, remixing and collage in this late-'80s coming-of-age story, an alt-underground music extravaganza that repeatedly breaks the traditional form of the vel. As Conr submerges into the underground music scene, he is enthralled by an industrial/hardcore music legend who goes by the handle The Siren. Their otherworldly comingling alters them, a physical transmogrification that takes hold whenever they are intimate. Music is woven into the text, as lyrics interplay with the storyline in this hybrid of fabulism, alternative and industrial music, and fiction, a tour of the underground music scene of the mid- to late '80s in Iowa City and beyond. The publisher, The Foundry: A Literary Collective, is a small coop press using CreateSpace for fulfillment and delivery of this, its first title. Signal to Noise is a minee for the Pushcart Press Editors Choice Book Award.
- Author BiographyJonathan Lyons writes and teaches in Central PA. He has previously published two novels, Burn and Machina, and his short literary and experimental fiction has appeared in publications such as The Journal of Experimental Fiction, Hotel Amerika, Phoebe, Exquisite Corpse, and others.
- Author(s)Jonathan Lyons
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication13/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.