All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPatients suffering from HIV/AIDS often experience chronic pain due to the many diseases and infections they pick up as a result of a weakened immune system. It interferes with their quality of life and physical functioning, impacts adherence to antiretroviral therapy and HIV primary care, and is associated with significant psychological/social distress and substance use disorders. Chronic Pain and HIV addresses all these complex issues that can influence pain care for the patient with HIV and acts both as a primer and a comprehensive review to define the field of chronic pain management. Using a clear, clinical approach, key topics include the following: * Musculoskeletal pain in individuals with HIV * Headache in individuals with HIV * Psychiatric comorbidities among individuals with HIV and chronic pain * Potential benefit and harm of prescription opioids in HIV * Pain at the end of life in individuals with AIDS * Treatment of chronic pain syndromes in the HIV-infected person. Edited by an outstanding team with extensive experience in HIV/AIDS and pain/palliative care, every chapter is written by a world-famous expert in their field who provides a thorough review of the relevant literature, including the very latest in management guidelines from the leading international societies. Perfect for all those in primary care, as well as infectious disease specialists managing patients with HIV/AIDS, Chronic Pain and HIV provides sensible, straightforward clinical advice to ensure the best possible patient management.
- Author BiographyProfessor Jean-Francois Dufour, MD, PhD, Chief, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University Clinic Visceral Surgery and Medicine, Bern, Switzerland. Professor Dufour is on the governing board of the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL). He also serves as Associate Editor for the Wiley journal Liver International and is on the editorial board for the following journals: Journal of Hepatology; Clinical Science; World Journal of Gastroenterology Professor Pierre-Alain Clavien, MD, PhD, FACS, FRCS (Eng), FRCS (Ed), Professor and Chairman, Department of Surgery. Head, Division of Visceral & Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland. Professor Clavien is a world-wide renowned surgeon-scientist, currently professor and chairman of the Department of Surgery in Zurich, Switzerland. His areas of research include organ preservation, liver ischemia-reperfusion injury and regeneration, and pathogenesis of cancer, as well as outcome research. He received many competitive grants and awards, including one of the most prestigious prices for scientific research, the Otto Naegeli Award.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1282 g
- Width193 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJean-Francois Dufour,Pierre-Alain Clavien
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.