All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis ninth volume in the Studies in Interpretation series is the first book-length study on interpreting the official sign language of Brazil, Lingua Brasileira de Sinais (LIBRAS). Six chapters detail the current standing of LIBRAS interpretation research within the field of translation studies, the unique cognitive challenges faced by bimodal bilingual - hearing and signing - interpreters, the evolution of an online glossary of signed academic and technical terms, and finally, a revelatory discussion of how gender might influence the act of LIBRAS interpretation.
- Author BiographyRonice Muller de Quadros is professor of linguistics at the Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Brazil. Earl Fleetwood is a staff interpreter with Access Interpreting in Washington, DC. Melanie Metzger is professor and chairperson of the Department of Interpretation at Gallaudet University, Washington, DC.
- PublisherGallaudet University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication05/04/2013
- Series TitleStudies in Interpretation
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGallaudet University Press,U.S.
- Content Note14 halftones, 13 figures, 2 tables
- Weight666 g
- Width150 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byEarl Fleetwood,Melanie Metzger,Ronice Muller de Quadros
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.