All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionModern secular culture has severely eroded the religious foundations on which traditional sacramental practice was based. Built upon the sacramental bedrock, the very Christian identity and mission were affected. German Martinez looks at this challenge from the perspective of freedom as an opportunity to develop a sacramental worldview relevant to the new millennium. To this effect, he applies a series of methodologies and fresh pastoral approaches to the highly complex sacramental reality and to each individual sacrament. Beginning with ten key interpretative elements, he offers a coherent synthesis of the remarkable development of sacramental theology in our time. Envisioned for both scholarly research and pastoral ministry, this book presents the key issues of a renewed sacramentality--rooted in ordinary life and celebrated in the liturgical mystery. This theology is grounded in a biblical, patristic, historical and theological background. It tries to articulate especially the Christological, ecclesial, individual and social aspects of the celebration of the sacraments as a dynamic and organic whole, emphasizing their spirituality.
- Author BiographyGerman Martinez, who holds an S.T.D. degree from the University of St. Anselm in Rome, is associate professor of systematic theology and sacraments at the graduate school of Religion and religious education of Fordham University, New York, and a priest. this is his fourth book.
- Author(s)German Martinez
- PublisherPaulist Press International,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationMahwah
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPaulist Press International,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.