All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionThis title offers exciting new introduction to contemporary Sikhism and the issues and debates facing it in modern society. This new introduction to Sikhism aims to introduce this increasingly studied religion through the lens of contemporary issues. Illustrated throughout with examples and case studies taken from lived religion, each chapter attempts to interpret the teachings of Sikhism in a modern context and apply them to modern day scenarios. After an initial chapter providing an overview of the Sikh religion, its history and basic theological tenets, Jagbir Jhutti-Johal moves through key contemporary themes, often overlooked in other introductions: Sikhism and women, diaspora, bioethics, and ethics and morality. She concludes with a final section looking at the future for Sikhism, its relevance in modern times, and what Sikhism can contribute to society in terms of inter-religious dialogue and harmony between different communities. These useful guides aim to introduce religions through the lens of contemporary issues, illustrated throughout with examples and case studies taken from lived religion. The perfect companion for the student of religion, each guide interprets the teachings of the religion in question in a modern context and applies them to modern day scenarios.
- Author BiographyJagbir Jhutti-Johal is Lecturer in Sikh Studies at the University of Birmingham and Research Associate at the Oxford Centre for Family Law and Policy, University of Oxford, UK.
- Author(s)Jagbir Jhutti-Johal
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleReligion Today
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Weight204 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.